Friday, September 20, 2013

Chemo # 2 Sept 19, 2013

I want to thank you for your kinds words and prayers. I was surprised yesterday Dr. Shalan said I needed 4 treatments of chemo I'm halfway there. Followed by a PET Scan (body Scan). I woke up at 2am with stomach ache that went away,5am with headache throughout the day. I was given same medications .The nurses continue to remind me of Nadir days 10 to 14 days .White blood cells get to lowest point your easily to catch a infection . I wear a mask cause my smell is so sensitive i can smell the outside air,different stores have there own smell .i start feeling fatigue .i can't be outdoors no sunlight otherwise my skin be itching! Mouth Sores cleared up with my antibiotic thank god those were painful. You get body aches that's telling me to rest my body. Your constantly eating small meals otherwise you feel fatigue I want to pass out!!! I weigh in 136  from 145. I have a log to track  my side effects each cycle and I keep a log on the foods I eat daily in case my blood counts go low.
Miss everyone,
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    Have faith that God will see you thru all of this. I think of you and pray for you everyday.

    Lisa p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Aunt Rachel, I hope you're feeling better. Know that you're in our thoughts & prayers each day. If there's anything I can do for you or uncle Joe please let me know. God bless you.
    Moses

    ReplyDelete
  3. IIm proud of you Mom for taking charge and forcing yourself to eat. May God continue to give you strength! I love you.

    ReplyDelete