Monday, September 16, 2013

18 Days Later

I have really appreciated everyone's prayers,calls,gifts,etc. it has uplifted my sprits tremendously. I have been so blessed to have wonderful friends and family that care about me and at a time like this you all have me going strong. Hair Ordeal: I feel so relieved now that its all gone . I have a cleaned cut. I could see my dad features and my husband said my brother Daniel. My sister Irene came over Sat night(14th). And she wanted to see how I had removed those French rolls . I removed my bandanna and she said let's shave it now I agree. I was miserable, hair everywhere in my house on myself. Sunday Mass were asked to carry the Holy Communion to the altar ,I was touched God had a plan for me today. I felt so blessed I called Irene and told her Im glad you came over.  2nd chemo treatment is Thursday19th at 2pm. Please Pray that I will be prepared physically and emotionally for the side effects. Hopefully it's the same dosage. 
Love,
Rachel





5 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    I do see tio chavelo in your face. I continue to keep you in my prayers; praying that god gives you strength and peace.
    The wig looks great!

    Lisa p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel you look beautiful! The wig look great! Our Heavenly father our God I ask you to give Rachel the strength physically and emotionally to get thought her 2nd round of Chemo tomorrow! I will continue praying for you Sis-n-Law!-----Beatrice Padilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you resemble Grandma Patricia and Tia Ofelia with that Wig. Your still beautiful Mom and its only hair. It will grow back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel,
    As I was walking today I thought of you and prayed that all went well and that god continues to keep you in his hands.

    Tell Irene I want a wig like yours and I think you should get the blonde one too to wear for Louis!

    Lisa p.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very happy to hear you were not experiencing the same side effect of nausea today (like the second day of your last cycle of treatment). You've hit the hump. May our father give you the strength to beat these next few weeks and the strength to only climb higher to overcome these next two treatments.

    ReplyDelete