Monday, August 19, 2013

Update from Rachel

1. I just want to say thank you Jesus for listening to my prayers and to all my family that had me in their prayers. The PET / CT scan Was negative; it didn't spread to any of my body organs.
2. My hormone receptors tests were Triple – negative; on Estrogen, Progesterone, HER2.  This means that I will need to do a Brac testing to see if I carry the genes that are hereditary to my daughter.
3. I'm in stage 3 C; Adenocarcinoma (Type of cancer) on left Breast Cancer.
4. My next appt will be for an ultrasound on my heart to determine if I'm capable to handle the chemo treatments.

5. I’m scheduled for a total of 4 treatments. My 1st chemo treatment will be on Tuesday August 27 and my second treatment will be 3 weeks after that.

6. Dr. Shalan was very informative about my type of cancer growing on my lymph nodes around breast and under my collar bone. He informed me that there would be hair loss after my 1st treatment. Sunday after mass I went and had my haircut...I did it for my grandkids.
Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Praise Our Heavenly Father! That is wonderful news. Thou you have a difficult road ahead we have our faith and hope that healing will come. Healing takes courage and yours is inspiring.
    Love you like a sister!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    Please know you are in our prayers. Let us know if you need anything.

    Joe and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. "cancer has not spread to other organs" we have just witness our prayers answered by our Almighty. He continues to walk with Rachel and her family and with all of us who love her dearly. Stay strong Rachel, your strength and positive outlook amazes me. Blessings and love--Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord Jesus! Rachel stay strong and positive. We are praying for you! --- Beatrice and Ramiro Padilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice and Ram,
      I'm doing fine your body tells you slow down I'm tired and exhausted . You see me walking like baby steps.thanks for staying in touch .luv you'll

      Delete